Sarah of Rhinestones and Telephones is back from her summer blogging hiatus with a bang! It is time for Fall Essentials Sew-Along 2013!
I've had my box of autumn sewing patterns set up quite awhile ago, although for me it is separated into "Definitely Will Sew" and "Maybe Will Sew". Since I remain unemployed my sewing budget is, well, nil. That means using patterns and fabrics I already own. Lady Skater will have to wait it out on my Christmas List :( Let's see what categories I plan on filling.
Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather
Let's start with a maybe!
1. Simplicity 3850 - I have a pair of these started, so I might pull them out and finish them.
Chic Chemises for Cool Climates
1. McCalls 6435 - I've made the sweetheart neckline version and now it is time to make the wanna-be-star-trek version!
Fabric: Orange and blue wool sweater knits from Mood.
2. McCalls 6614 - I've fallen in love with looser fitting sweatshirt-style tops with a bit of flair. I want to make mine with the side panels in blue/black houndstooth flannel.
3. Wrenna (French Girl Knits) - At best it will get started.
4. Simplicity 2766 - If I can scrounge up fabric I don't mind muslining with.
5. Simplicity 2852 - I've had this forever. I need to just go ahead and sew it already, but I'm unsure about my fabric choice.
Just a maybe! That's a first for me.
1. Victory Patterns Lola - I want to make a fall version in sweatshirting but I'm having a hard time sourcing fabric.
Underneath it All
1. McCalls 5731 (1977) - I'm not sure which category this belongs in! I have lots of plain sweaters and I love the look of a collared shirt underneath, but not the bulk. So I plan on making a few dickeys from scraps. I would love to make the boot-pants too, but I have no suitable fabrics.
1. Wellington Boot Socks (Country Weekend Socks) - These will be a lovely pair of knee socks once done! I'm betting though, that I'll only have one done by November.
Those Cozy Nights
I'm really sad I'm not making myself any pajamas. In the past I've tended to hoard pajamas and I'm trying to limit myself to two pairs/season. If I were making them, however, and I had money, I would make them in these fabrics!
Baby It's Cold Outside
1. McCalls 6446 - I've had this queued for a while. I bought wool blanket fabric on the Sew Weekly NYC trip and I have elk antler buttons from a trip to Wyoming to complete the look.
Trick or Treat
Not an official category, but tis the season for me!
1. McCalls 5499 - This just needs the sides and bottom hemmed.
2. Simplicity 1765 - Bought this so Paisley can live up to her name as "The Pais-Monster" on Halloween.
Totals! I have 7 Definite To-Sews and 5 Maybes (12 total)
Bottoms - 1 Maybe
Tops - 2 and 3 Maybes
Dresses - 1 Maybe
Undergarments - 1
Socks - 1
PJs - 0
Coats - 1
Costumes - 2