22 January 2013

The Lola Has Landed

 So I've made something that:
A) Looks like I work at a Teletubby theme park.
B) Is sort of like a trendy Snuggie.
C) Is the full body version of the Slipper Genie. Invite me to sit down for tea and your couch will be magically lint and pet-hair free when I leave!
But I don't care because it's warm and cute and a dress. Very important things when the thermometer isn't going to go above freezing all week! Also it is in my favorite shades of blue.
Pattern: Lola by Victory Patterns
Rating: 5/5!
Fabric: Anti-pill blizzard fleece from Jo-Ann, 2 yds.
Cost: $11
Time: Approx. 4 hours (including printing and assembling pattern)
Notes: I finally re-evaluated my measurements and I've been way off for awhile. I'm down to B36 W29 H36. Hopefully zumba class will nip my waist into proportion, according to most of the newer independent pattern companies' size charts, my bust/waist are about a size 8 and my hips are about a size 4 or 6. In one I was a 2! Definitely an apple body type. 
So for Lola I cut a size 4, based off the finished measurements because I didn't want it too baggy. It's only a little snug on my tummy (see below) and the armbands, but that's life.
I made it out of polar fleece because the only "sweatshirt" fabric they had at JoAnn had NO stretch! I figured it would be my test version to see if I liked it before I spent a fortune on sweatshirt fabric online. I only had to make the armbands an inch longer to accommodate the sleeve.

16 comments:

  1. I love the Lola dress!! what a gorgeous color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute I've been thinking about that dress pattern a lot lately myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks super cute and comfy and I LOVE that color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like! Looks super warm, and I can't wait to see your sweat-shirting version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fleece! I bet it's super warm and comfy! :)
    We should have compared notes on this one. I cut mine to finished measurements, too, and while I don't mind the snug-tummyness, the armbands are pretty tight, too.
    So, wanna sit on my couch? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm saving it for the trip this weekend to my boyfriend's I will never be rid of the dog hair.
      The armbands are tight on mine too :( I'm hoping they'll loosen up a bit?

      Delete
  6. Quick! Someone cuddle this lady. Damn, that looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i second suzanne. you look cute as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute and it looks super cozy! I just discovered your blog and I have to say, I'm hooked. I grew up reading Nancy Drew books with my Mom and spending all of our time watching 1930s and 1940s movies - so you had me at your title :) I can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love it! It looks so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! And you look so cozy and warm!! The color is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lola looks great on you in Teletubby blue fleece! I have some purple French terry that may or may not become a Lola soon, so I'm glad to know about the armbands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like it. It looks so warm! I'm thinking of making Lola to wear as a tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo... I love you in this color and I love that you made such a snuggly dress!! It looks marvelous, and I say wear it often. I'm pretty sure you match my new apartment. I think that's a sign you should come to Chicago, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever can I will totally come visit you! I'll be well camouflaged in my dress muahaha.

      Delete
  14. This is really cute. I've been wanting to try a Victory pattern - now I feel encouraged to do so!

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv