03 December 2012

WRESTLEMANIA! Luchadors, an Ice Princess and Spandex

Well readers, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would spend an afternoon watching WWE's Top 50 Wrestlers, but I did! And it was fascinating and all in the name of research for my next show...

To really understand why I'm so excited about this, you should check out this article: The 50 Greatest Wrestling Costumes Of All Time. The costumes these people wear are so bizarre and varied, they use everything from feather boas to boa constrictors! When I was doing my renderings I would feel like I was making a character too ridiculous until I re-referenced that article and then it was clear they were not actually ridiculous enough.
 So without further ado I will present them to you:
 
Mace/Chad Deity
EKO/Che Chavez Castro/The Fundamentalist
The Bad Guy/Billy Heartland
Old Glory

And for good measure, Happy Holidays! I attended an ugly holiday sweater party last minute, so here is my "1980s Ice Princess" ensemble.
Giant hair bow? CHECK.
Leggings? CHECK.
Beaded acrylic snowflake sweater? DOUBLE CHECK!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture, especially the setting: the basement? I look back at old pictures of myself and I think, My gosh! I went out in public dressed like that! Of course, at the time I thought I looked cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT. Seriously - wrestling outfits are the best! I'm loving all the masks and headwear especially :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv