11 February 2012

Rockabilly Pattern Picks

I've chosen two of the patterns I want for my Rockabilly Dream Wardrobe (sounds like I'm turning into a Barbie doll, haha!) from my stash.
This has been floating in my stash for awhile now. I adore  everything about it, and plan to make view B, only with the contrast collar. The plan is to pair it with a navy circle skirt, but then what color to make the blouse? I was really struck (no pun intended) by this bowling pin fabric I saw at JoAnn fabrics. I try to avoid prints near my face, but I think if I did the yoke in this and the rest in the light same light blue color that would tone it down a bit.
Unfortunately this would not in any way be a stash busting project.  While I want to stash bust, a lot of the fabrics I bought in my first few years of sewing are not appropriate weights or drapes for many of the projects I now want to sew!
The second pattern would also fulfill my Tie One On project. I already have one apron, but what if I want to cook with a friend when I'm moved out? Well, they'll need an apron too!
There exists only two records online of view 1 being made up. I think a periwinkle and purple floral, with green rick rack would be ideal. This fabric from Amazon is something like what I want. However, I'm trying to be frugal so I'll probably be shopping through old sheets for fabric for this project. I already have eyelet in my stash.

10 comments:

  1. I too have a lot of not appropriate fabrics in my stash from my early days. But the bowling pin fabric is just darling, so I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bowling pin fabric is AWESOME!!! You must make a blouse from it!

    I have the same issue with fabrics in my stash, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, Amazon sells fabric...oh, that could give me trouble! That bowling pin fabric makes me very happy- I want a Rockabilly Dream Wardrobe too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pattern very close to your yoke blouse pattern in my stash, mine has a linking button in front and it has been giving me some trouble. I like your pattern better, no link buttons to fool with. I think the pattern would look great with two different fabrics, at least that was what I was working on. Good luck, I am sure it will turn out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A linking button? That sounds troublesome...which pattern number is it? I would love to see what one looks like!
      By the way, I've added you to my blogroll, I skimmed it a bit and I look forward to actually reading it!

      Delete
  5. LOL the full length apron looks like a ruffled maxi pad to me! I really like the half aprons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I'll never be able to think of anything else! Thanks a lot Molly :\ I knew there was something weird about the shape, I just hadn't figured it out yet.

      Delete
  6. I love that blouse pattern, and I actually made that same apron up last fall! Some pictures on my sister's blog (it was a gift for her): http://kannehilmer.blogspot.com/2011/10/claires-apron.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, yours was one of two that I found when I looked to see if anyone had made it. It's darling!

      Delete

Folks Serv