27 February 2012

BMV New Patterns

Spring pattern lines are finally out! This time I'll be posting the Butterick-McCalls-Vogue ones that have caught my fancy. Starting with Butterick 5750...
This has a very sweet, slightly 1960s feel for me and I'd love to attempt a lined dress of sheer fabric.
I'm always ogling the middy dresses of the '50s and '60s so I'm very excited that they've reprinted this one! Plus no sleeves for me to contend with.
I find that a lot of the reprints aren't usually anything that I would consider wearable but this is an exception. I love the simplicity of it - a basic, bodice without a high neckline (yay!) and a full but not gathered skirt! Perfect.
If you haven't already accessorized your sewing space within an inch of its life, here's your chance to also color-coordinate it!
I wouldn't make this, but that jacket on the right looks like something straight out of a mid-70s pattern book.
A capri pattern! In a classic style! It seemed that for awhile the only bottoms patterns where either strangely designed pants or they had elastic waists. What about the rest of us, that long for normal capris, pants and shorts? They even look like they go up to one's natural waist!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! The three dresses and the Capri pattern. I'm not brave enough for shorts, but capris? Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv