11 January 2012

To Summarize...2 Years of WWNDW

The Original Goal, Year 1 (Just for reference!)
3 of these were half completed. :(

What I Actually Made, Year 2
Status: UFO/Costume piece belonging to a theatre
Status: Keeper! 
Status: Occasional wear (fitted at wrong time of the month, needs a lining)
Status: Donated (too big in waist)
 Status: Keeper!
Status: To-fix pile
Status: Donated? Want to re-do in another color.
Status: Gone from my closet, was unflattering
Status: Want to re-do in less clingy jersey, but keeping
Status: Keeper!
 Status: Will use 'til it falls apart, should probably make a winter one too!
Status: Neither the shirt nor the boy belong to me anymore. It is loved, but didn't get worn often
Status: To-fix pile? The washing machine ate the flowers
Status: Given to friend for pin-up costume, too small
Status: Well worn!
Status: Will probably get rid of
 Status: To-fix pile (sleeves fit oddly)
Status: Loved and worn
Status: Keeper, wish I could figure out how to keep the darts from riding up
Status: Wear sometimes
 Status: Keeper!
Status: Will probably give away to Mom

What I Refashioned, Year 2
(one 80's dress -> little girls' dress; one size 6 prom skirt -> 50's housewife skirt)

Knitting
Actually I made a second pair of these for my sister for Christmas, but never documented them, and a scarf for myself which I've been knitting since July, but don't yet have a photo of.

TOTALS
SEWN GARMENTS
Tops: 7 (28%)
Bottoms: 5 (20%)
Dresses: 7 (28%)
Costumes: 5 (20%)
Other: 1 (4%)
TOTAL: 25 (approximately 2/month)

REFASHIONED
Dresses: 2 (40%)
Costumes: 3 (60%)
TOTAL: 5 (.4/month)

KNIT
Headbands/Hats: 1 (20%)
Scarves: 2 (40%)
Mittens/Gloves: 2 (40%)
TOTAL: 5 (.4/month)

From Stash: 14
Not From Stash (Not including theatre work): 14

Surprisingly, I think I achieved my mental list of sewing goals for last year: work with fabrics other than cotton wovens, work from stash (I only did this 50% of the time), be fearless in trying different sorts of patterns and styles, do things the way they should be done, rather than taking shortcuts.

11 comments:

  1. Wow...you have had a very productive year. You are beautiful...and your garments are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Happy Blogiversary!!! I just love seeing all your garments in one place and I've loved following along in your theatre productions too! Here's to another fabulous year of sewing!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of cool stuff for the year! Plus, I like all of your pictures and different locations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! You've had a VERY busy year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should be allowed to count your theater work, too. Especially since community theaters often reprise productions from year to year, so you have to make the costumes sturdier than regular street wear. Well done, madam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so damn talented, girl! I visiting your blog and seeing what you're up to. Please do count your theatre work - it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too liked seeing your makes all in one place. You can get a sense of a person's style that way - and looking back to see what worked for you and what didn't (in terms of fit, style, or fabric) is really helpful.

    I like your Renaissance dress and the hooded dress best, I think. I'd have fun wearing the handkerchief/bandana skirt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely looks like a year full of sewing! :) And lots of lovely outfits! I love the Ravenclaw dress and the peacock dress, and the ribbon scarf is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a fabulous year! And I say, yes, count that theatre work - you've got too much talent not to include it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you were so productive!!! and i have to say i'm glad i'm not the only one who made things and then gave at least 30% of them away! i think the best thing about making clothes is that if we make things we love and never wear, it's easier to give them away instead of holding on to them forever. best of luck this year making only things we love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re. the darts riding up. Would putting in a waist stay help? Just a thought. The dress is lovely. Congrats on your long list of makes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv