I've pretty much accepted that I won't participate in basically the rest of the Sew Weekly challenges this year - December is just too hectic a month. But I am doing a big wardrobe culling and making a to-fix/finish list for myself. I'd like next year to be more about fixing and finishing projects that I've already started or for which I'd already bought fabric - stash busting WILL happen.
So when I had a little free time today I decided to kick-start my list with an easy one. This was intended to be my Think Pink sewing challenge and once I'd repaired my petticoat that was going to be my Spanish Harlem sewing challenge. I don't know why I procrastinated on this one so much, all it needed was to be shortened! I am lazy pants.
All I did was take a thrifted 1990s does 1920s dress that went to my ankles and shortened it a LOT. Then I washed and ironed it like crazy because it smelled a little funny. It's made of a lovely drapey rayon challis and with the petticoat it has a great soft 1960s dress feel to it. It is a little chilly now to wear it, but it will definitely get use in the spring.
As a side note I also attempted to repair my vintage fur shrug. After sewing it the stitches just ripped through the leather, so I tried hot glueing...I could see the original glue lines so I knew it was made in a similar way. Just apparently not with hot glue! It didn't work at all!