10 November 2011

SW: Pin Up

Hey! I actually got a challenge done during Hairspray...because it will be in Hairspray! Underneath is my still unfinished lounge wear challenge garment so I guess you all get a sneak peek at that as well. I actually had to sew two of the peignoirs for Amber and Velma Von Tussle (the snobby, white, rich, mother-daughter duo), but for some reason the second one took me a lot longer than the first, go figure. Isn't it usually the other way around?

Actually, for awhile I was calling it Barbie's Graduation Gown, haha!

Pattern: Sew-Knit-N-Stretch #215 (1969)
Time: 8 hours-ish
100% polyester costume satin and marabou boas
It went together pretty fast, actually, because I just serged the whole thing together, except the neckline and the armbands. The marabou took a long time because I had to sew it on by hand, but it was worth it. All in all, a very awesome pattern!

4 comments:

  1. super cute, you, the pic and the coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! What a great photo too!!! I bet Hairspray has been loads of fun to work on! Can you believe I still have never seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you a comment on Sew Weekly but I'm not sure if you will get it. I love this blog BTW! I am starting a sewing linky party today called Sew & Tell Saturday at my website and I am hoping to get some vintage sewists aboard to post their projects because there aren't any sewing linky parties to show off vintage sewing. But you can post anything fabric related too! Kids stuff, knitting, crafts... I hope you can come over and post a link to your blog today! Thanks so much!Justine @ Sew Country Chick

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv