20 November 2011

Hey you, ya wanna buy some patterns?

Glances around furtively and opens trench coat...
Just kidding! As some of you might remember I do volunteer work for the Commercial Pattern Archive. I'm in charge right now of selling our duplicate patterns - patterns that have been donated of which we already have a copy. We usually sell them to pattern vendors to help fund the project, but I thought it might be interesting to reach out to you guys and see if any of you were interested (or you could ask for Christmas?)
Here's how it works:
The director and I worked out what we think is a fair way to evenly distribute the patterns. For $36 (includes shipping and handling to the US), a box of 60 patterns can be purchased. They are not checked for completeness but we're not going to give anyone an empty envelope, either. Each box gets about: 6 patterns from the 1940s, 12 from the 1950s, 14 from the 1960s, 24 from the 1970s, 2 from the 80s. Out of these 60, 2 will be oversize (like Vogue Specials, etc.). If you are interested, please let me know by email: taponmyback@cox.net

In other news, Hairspray is up! As soon as I buy photos I will have them up. Unfortunately though, my amazing wardrobe assistant swallowed a pin this afternoon, so let's all keep her in our thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. I WANT IN!!!!

    i would email you but our email don't seem to like each other....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great, are they mixed sizes? and what about us in the uk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! She swallowed a pin?! I'll be praying for her!
    Those patterns are tempting... I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got a fabulously funny image in my head with that whole trench coat thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum. I'm tempted. I don't own *any* vintage patterns... but International Shipping is evil. And my book- and sewing shelves are overflowing already...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait. i got all excited about the patterns. she SWALLOWED a PIN?! is she okay???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I emailed you! That is if you still have any left :/

    paigepederzani@me.com

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv