26 July 2011

PatternReview.com Featured Member

Today I am a featured member on the patternreview.com website! That means that if you go there are scroll down, on the right hand side you will see my picture with a link to my profile. Neat, huh? Pattern Review is possibly the site I visit the most in regards to sewing, so I was pretty excited!
That reminds me, I took advantage of JoAnns Butterick sale last weekend and picked these up:
I am dying to make the women's medieval dress as I want to go to a Renaissance Faire this fall, but I doubt that I have the time.

3 comments:

  1. Ren Faires are so much funner when you dress up! I've been working on my dress for this year but I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really gotten too far on the Renaissance dress for this year. You can see the pattern I'm using here (http://star-spangledheart.blogspot.com/2011/06/dreaming-of-sewing-actual-sewing.html) I ended up deciding to make up the first dress and the undergarment pattern. I'm still working on the corset part and I was actually planning on doing a post on it tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be more focused and get a lot done over the next month.

    The pattern I used last year was Simplicity 4940 (http://star-spangledheart.blogspot.com/2010/09/sanity-update.html). It was a lot easier than the one I'm tackling now and I got it done in about 3 weeks during the school year. The Butterick with green and orange dresses on the cover was another pattern I looked at last year.

    Feel free to email me if you have anymore questions! girlwiththestarspangledheart[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the feature!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv