09 April 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I swear this award just re-circulates every few months or so...I think this is the third time that I have received it (although someone gave it a bit of a face-lift since last time).This time it comes from Meg the Grand, whose blog I found through The Sew Weekly.
 I have a hard time coming up with things to say about myself, but whatever!
1. I still prefer wearing RTW clothes to my handmades when I go out. Traitor, I know! It is because I hate answering all the questions people ask about handmade clothes (and it is always the same questions) and being personally responsible for my design choices. I'm more of a blends-in-type.
2. I would like to expand my repro pattern line. I have tons of really awesome, very old patterns, that I think would sell but I really don't know where to start. I've done the veil and knitting patterns because I can scan them. Where would I get full scale ones printed?
 3. One of my favorite books is I Capture the Castle. I keep it in my car in case I have to wait anywhere a long time so I can read it.
 4. My UFO for the Sew Weekly challenge last week was improving this dress. Made in 2008 from some 1960s pattern that was a size too big (I've gotten rid of it since then). White fabric is a quilter's cotton that says moo... all over it and the black fabric is a faux suede with a grid printed on it and polka dots in beige. It has one of those weird necklines that belongs in Star Trek.

I took it in in the sides, chopped off the long sleeves and belted it. I also removed the big button I had stuck on the front to hide the fact that the criss cross seams are a little uneven. Much improved! The only bad thing left is that the zipper pops up a bit in the back and that the faux suede does NOT BREATHE! Lesson learned.
5. I don't have a favorite decade. I like them all!
6. That said, I really want to sew something from the 30s. I've got lovely 1930s patterns but I am terrified to make any of them, because they seem harder to make, somehow.
7.  I just finished knitting this Ravelry pattern:

I'll try to pick new people to pass it on to:

5 comments:

  1. I prefer my RTW clothes as well! Glad I'm not the only one - I feel a little guilty about it sometimes :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your UFO dress - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv