12 March 2011

MMM 12: 40s in the Tropics Top

Remember those blouses I made for Annie, and how I swore up and down that I was finally going to make one? Well I did! And it was even better than I imagined it would be!
Fabric:  Silk twill? It is a total guess, because I wasn't the one who bought it.
Pattern: Simplicity 2418 (see on left).
Time Duration: 1.5 days, but I hand hemmed everything!
The Process: As before, I made view A (what's on the model) but I opted for length B as I'm a petite size. I omitted the tie belt simply because I didn't have any more fabric! Where I could hand sew instead of topstitching, I did, and it took ages (in other words, several episodes of Rockford Files, The Incredible Hulk, and Knight Rider) but it was worth it. I whipstitched EVERY SINGLE edge.

What I Learned: I really need to layout/cut more carefully and probably invest in a rotary cutter and mat. My back piece was a little wonky. I also think I might shorten it next time because it has lengthened over time, being cut on the bias and all. I'd even like to try it without the gathers in the back.


 I love, love, love the fabric! It is very 1940s tropical without the garishness.

8 comments:

  1. This fabric is so pretty! And the blouse looks great on you. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty!! Look at your fabulous whipstitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, what a gorgeous blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely! And you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay where do you get the sewn by tags? Too cute, and the dress super sweet!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric! The blouse looks great on you! And the tag is so cute... :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv