18 February 2011

1959, I Love You!

I seem to be on an accidental 1959 kick lately. Records and songs from 1959 and even books keep crossing my path! Listening to Radio Bop through iTunes and checking Beverly Cleary books out from the library isn't helping.

Anyways, it is time for Me-Made-March again. Don't know how successful I'll be seeing how busy I am and the fact that I've hardly sewn anything for myself since SSS.
I, Lisette of http://vintageorbust.blogspot.com/, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-March '11. I endeavour to wear one handmade/refashioned piece of clothing or accessory each day for the duration of March 2011.

So what have I been up to? Well January was fairly successful as a sewing month. I have several projects with not much left to complete them.
I have almost finished my own pair of these mittens.
I've got a little hand sewing and bias taping to do on this party dress.
I also have the MPB Sew-Along. I just finished one sleeve and now I am on to the second (I'm using a pattern from the 1970s). It is pretty much giving me an ulcer (I would have even given it up) but it will be the boyfriend's birthday gift on the 22nd. Hopefully it fits!
Lastly, I have a pair of 1940s pajamas that were essentially finished at Christmas but I'm taking my time with some embroidery on them. Ditto on a vest/skirt suit from the 1970s. MMM will just be an excuse to finally post them!

2 comments:

  1. What a busy girl you have been. I was born in 1959 so you can add me to your list of things you love about that year. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Let us see that cute dress when it's all finished up. How's your regency stuff going?

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv