16 August 2010

I Knit For a Bit

Now, I admit, I have not been sewing lately, but it is not for lack of inspiration. Instead I've been doing a bit of knitting and crocheting to give me a break. Plus I was able to crochet while I worked at camp, whereas a sewing machine might have been a bit...troublesome.
By the way, if any of you have Ravelry accounts, please friend me! My username is wendybirde.

1. Gnome/Pixie Hat! (click here for pattern)
Amazingly easy, it is a rectangle folded in half and sewn up the back. I hope to make a matching scarf and mittens later on. It also makes for a good night cap, if you live in as cold a house as I do.

I was overjoyed to finish these darn things. I started them way back in December and finished one with no problem but I had to re-do the next sock twice-over. They're delightful except that the stitching on the bottom gets a bit stretched out so it feels like there are holes. Good thing I picked thicker yarn for my next pair.

3. Headband/Earwarmer (click here for pattern)
This got done today and it only took me two days. It has an adorable armadillo button holding it together in the back. It is still too hot to wear it, but you can bet it will be showing up a lot in SSS.

So what shall I tackle next, you ask? Well, a Harry Potter scarf for Deathly Hallows and I think this sweater...
 

4 comments:

  1. One of these days I will get back to some knitting too. So much to do and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I was thinking of you this morning. Am going through "stuff" for a tag sale and found all of my old (1940's-1960's Nancy Drew books). They are NOT going into the tag sale. Love them. Can't wait to find the perfect spot for them in the new house.

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv