So after Ali kicked our butts in the Ruby Sew-Along (she moved and still finished them before everyone else!) I felt very motivated to get moving on finishing my own pair. No, I'm not done yet, but they are moving right along. One thing I can't figure out is my leg holes seem to be rather wide and the legs themselves came out longer than expected. They're rolled up in the photo below.
Next up I've got a photo of the pile of giveaway things I've been amassing.
There's 4 patterns, 2 art journals handmade by yours truly, 2 large pieces of flannel (the blue polka dot and the floral), 2 piece of faux-suede (the black polka dot), 1 small piece of striped fabric and 1 small piece of plaid fabric (the pinks).
Next up, my Summer Essentials Sew-Along List:
1. Poolside Pretties - Finish my bathing suit I started as a final school project. It is still sitting in a sad little heap with no zipper. I worked on it a little yesterday but couldn't find my measuring tape.
2. Clam-diggers and Co. - The Ruby Shorts, duh.
3. Tees, Tunics and Blouses - A modern peasant top is in order, to match the Rubys.
4. Tees, Tunics and Blouses pt. 2 - One of these two patterns
5. Not sure on the last one. Pajamas? Maybe I'll be nice and finally sew something for Goldbug (my better half) like this pattern, which I bought last week. I want to make it in a kiddy version for his nephew, so...