26 May 2010

A Slight Diversion From the Ruby

So we're still full steam ahead on the Ruby, I got the pattern printed at a copy shop (although the girl was a total nob-head and didn't understand that ALL the pages needed to be at the same scale because it is a SEWING PATTERN).
I'm washing my fabric as I type and I will have it cut out yadda yadda by tonight and show you all pictures.
How are yours coming along? Can I see me some fabric yet?

Now, with Memorial Day weekend in a few days, we've all been planning our JoAnn sales shopping I'm sure. I am badly in need of top patterns that aren't 1950s blouses that I will never wear. These are some options I have scrounged up from the Simplicity website. 5 for $5!
 I really love the green stripe version with the belt. Talbots petites had something similar in yellow.
I have been coveting a peasant blouse and I think either Ms. Top Left or Ms. Lower Right could be the one. Normally I never look at New Look patterns, but I really rather like this one.
My inner Gibson Girl loves this one, but again, button-up blouses and I ARE NOT friends.

6 comments:

  1. Just posted my fabric choices over at $25V

    http://25dollarvintage.blogspot.com/2010/05/sew-long-day-2-picking-fabric-day.html

    Also, I like middle pattern. There are two shirts there that look easy, low yardage, and headache free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those all look fun! I haven't tried to make myself a button up blouse yet, but I think I'd like to try that last pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks those pockets aren't worth the work. Besides, why would you only have one? Asymmetry freaks me out sometimes, lol.

    Thanks for reminding me about the memorial day sale, I've got a list of simplicitys I'd like to try. And, btw, I've had a lot of luck with New Look patterns. Really easy and clear, in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I know that this was a long time ago, but where do I get the middle peasant top pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. Their website? Ebay?

      Delete
    2. Here it is
      http://sewing.patternreview.com/patterns/401

      Delete

Folks Serv