19 May 2010

Sew-Along Anyone?

Dear readers, the other day I purchased a pattern I've been meaning to purchase for a long while now: Burdastyle's Ruby Shorts.
 After my me-made-may promise sort-of falling apart, I realized that I really need to sew some things I will actually wear. Like shorts. As much as I love skirts, I am bifurcated garment lover at heart.

I'd like to start with the Ruby Shorts for a couple of reasons. The pattern is only $3, it only takes 1 3/8 yards of fabric and there are so many ways to do them up all equally cute. If you are interested, leave a comment and we'll organize something!

To convince you this is an excellent project to embark on, I present photographic evidence of just how fantastic these shorts can be.
And no excuse if you live in Australia-land...you can just make pants :p

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. I own zero shorts and these are quite charming! I'd love to do it!!!!

    Eleanor - www.unfamiliarceiling.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cute things that are low in yardage. They also have a cute kind of 60s/70s feel to them with the buttons up the side. I'm definitely up for a sew along, as long as it doesn't start before the end of the week. My vintage sewing machine busted and my newish sewing machine is at the shop for tension issues. I should have it back by Friday I am told.

    Nancy at 25dollarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-ha! Someone else who uses the word "bifurcated"...! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I've been thinking of making Ruby shorts since last year. Count me in! The side buttons are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I don't have any shorts and those are supercute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, if I wasn't pregnant right now I would totally join you! Maybe next summer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. well where in the world can i get this pattern? inquiring minds want to know...

    :)

    i have a load of really cute miniature green and white houndstooth that has this pattern all over it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv