28 May 2010

Ruby Update

So I've fallen a bit behind on the Ruby shorts. I'm still cutting out fabric, but that is because I will be flat-lining my regular fabric, which is a rather see-through white with little crabs on it! I also think I made an error on the instructions because I think some piece are put on before or during the welt pocket steps. Has anyone else noticed this?
In truth, I really blame my tardiness on having to go back to the JoAnn's every darn day because I've forgotten something. Of course, just now I remember I didn't buy white thread. Red thread it shall be!
I also blame it on the fact that I am trying to finish a WWNDW dress in the hopes of re-naming the blog.
 Congrats, Nancy, on using your fabric wisely (unlike me) and I'm sure your color choices will be fine, Eleanor.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so excited to see all your Ruby versions! I'm obviously also tardy on the whole endeavor, but I wanted to ask you how you flat line the fabric? I've tried to "add" lining to a project before and it screwed the whole thing up (the fit was too tight, it bunched in the wrong places, etc etc). But I'd like to do it -- I'll likely be using some cream twill I bought at a thrift store and black buttons! But I am a bit afraid of it being see-through.

    Great fabric, btw! Can't wait to see how they come out, red buttons, too perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ahead of schedule, then the welt pocket kicked my butt. My sample came out ok, inside out, but the lips were too wide. On the shorts: inside out again! I took out the welts, basted the hole together, tried again, and the lips were much too narrow.

    So I'm doing a faux welt pocket, actually a slot seam I think. I'm almost back on track. Plus I have nice red buttons for my dark denim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my pattern put together and cut, and the fabric is all pinned and waiting to be cut. I guess I'm a bit behind, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red thread will be a fun accent. The Ruby pattern is cute--I can't wait to see everyone's versions.

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv