09 May 2010

Me-Mades, Fabric Stash and Senior Banquet

There is a lot of ground to cover today, so I'm going to keep the text brief.
First up, my me-made-may outfits.
Saturday: Apron for the May Breakfast I worked, sailor skirt.
 
 The best part about this apron was I was re-cycling the fabric and bias tape from the apron below that I had tried to make unsuccessfully. Yay!
Monday: Bloomers (under a skirt) and a headband I whipped together that morning!
Tuesday: Fourth of July shirt froma Marlo's Corner pattern (70's).
Thursday: 40s underpants.
The rest of the week I've been bad and didn't do me-made, but I did have days when I was going to be scene painting or having tech rehearsal and so I just wasn't up to it. However, the fact that I wore things I made at all is a big step forward for me, so yay! I do need to make some more shirts and maybe a pair of shorts though. Plus, my only work-appropriate me-made is the flamingo dress, but it has no pockets to put my walkie-talkie in!

Next up I got around to taking pictures of my fabric stash so you all can help me decide how to use it up.
Obviously, I really like blue!
Lastly, I've been trying to work out a dress for my senior banquet on Friday and so I photoshopped a pattern I've got. I'm going off a pair of black, sequin Tahari heels that I've got on layaway. Unfortunately they're $40! So I'm trying to spend as little as possible on the rest of the outfit.
I'm going to try to use the acetate in the photo below, and then jewel/sequin/bead the collar in black to match the shoes. I feel bad not utilizing its double-color properties in a cool, drapey way but I just don't have the time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the apron!! And I can't wait to see the Simplicity banquet dress...the pattern is wonderful and the fabric is a great color!

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv