04 April 2010

Pillboxes

What have I spent my weekend doing?
Working on my sassy little pillbox hat project for my costuming class. The hand sewing is a little tedious, but I think it will be worth it. Just think, now I can make a suit with a hat to match!
Via Flickr
Interested in making your own? Vintagesewing.info has an upload from 1952 on how to make one. If you need any help, just ask! When I have time, I'll try and make up my own tutorial.

On another note, Mary Deluxe did a great post on Doris Day. Happy Birthday, Doris dear! She is for sure one of my style icons, although it can get a bit corny at times. Her matching sailor dress and coat from Glass-Bottom Boat are forever on my to-sew list.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your hat! What a fun project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this picture. Not sure I have the right shaped head for a pillbox hat - is there a way of stapling it on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted a pillbox hat! Thanks for the link, I'm going to have a look :)

    ReplyDelete

Folks Serv