Early this spring I set out to make a pair of shorts I could use just for dog walking in summer - very lightweight linen fabric to stay cool, pockets for plastic bags and maybe a loop for my keyring.
Pattern: Simplicity 2414
Fabric, etc.: STASHBUST! This linen was the same linen as my 1940s shorts I made earlier this year, only with the sparkly side showing, ribbon and elastic from stash too.
Cost: $0 for the pattern Needle/Tension/Stitch Length: Size 12 universal/4/3
- The worst part about this design is that the stomach is drafted with a similar amount of room as the rear, so you get a poochy bubble there. Oddly, the rear end drafting looks really nice!
- This design has a paper bag top. These are not my favorite, being more thick waisted. I like them on other people, with a top tucked in at natural waist. However, these shorts are drafted to set an inch or so below the belly button. For me, they cause a weird texture under my shirt.
- The patch pockets are a weird design - they're partially set in the side seam and they are not particularly deep.
- I liked the drawstring sides, my boyfriend on the other hand says they look like fancy pants for someone who got shipwrecked.
- They're definitely comfy, but not quite what I had in mind - into the donation pile they go!